This is the final recipe in the The Ardent Prep series “Ground Turkey, Quinoa, and Zucchini.” To view the original blog post, click here. To view the other two recipes in this series, click the links at the bottom of the page. I hope you enjoy this prep series!
Par-baked, halved zucchini (6 halves total)
Pre-cooked 1lb ground turkey
1/4 cup hot sauce, such as Frank’s, plus more for serving
1/4 cup pre-cooked quinoa
1/3 cup mayo (or plain, full-fat greek yogurt)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, quinoa, hot sauce, mayo, salt and pepper. Feel free to taste as you go for spice-level and salt, as the turkey is already cooked and there is no contamination worry!
- Scoop the centers out of the halved zucchini and discard. The purpose for the par-baking process on prep-day was to allow the centers to be removed very easily.
- Stuff the zucchini with the ground turkey mixture. I topped mine with leftover cheddar cheese from the Turkey Burgers prior to baking, however this is not required. They will be just as delicious without cheese, if that works best for you. Bake for 15 minutes, until the zucchini are tender and the boats are slightly browned and crispy on top.
- Serve with additional hot sauce, or ranch dressing if desired. Enjoy!