I have a horrible habit of buying tropical fruit when it’s on sale, which usually means it’s ripe to the point that it’s almost bad. Anyone else? When this happens, I usually try to eat it same day. If I can’t, I puree it and make some kind of fruit juice or… cocktails.
This papaya margarita combines a delicious papaya and lime puree with tequila, simple syrup, and bubbles on top. It’s everything you want on a summer Friday.
Give this cocktail a try and tell me it doesn’t transport you to an island. Don’t forget to share your photos and tag me @theardentcook on Instagram!
4oz papaya puree (see recipe below*)
2oz silver tequila
0.5oz simple syrup
4oz lime seltzer
Lime wheel, for garnish
Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Combine papaya puree, tequila, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake for 30 seconds, and strain into a glass.
- Top with the lime seltzer, lime wheel, and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
To Make the Papaya Puree*
- In a high-power blender, blend the flesh of ½ of a papaya, the juice of 1 lime, and ¼ cup water.
- Run through a fine mesh sieve and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.