Gluten Free Olive Oil Zucchini Bread is deliciously moist, packed with peak summer zucchini, and just a touch sweet. Given its lower sugar content, it leans more towards an any-time-of-day item, perfect for breakfast paired with yogurt and fruit or as a mid-day snack. Of course, if you do heat it up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert every night this week, I won’t judge.
Ingredients needed to make Gluten Free Olive Oil Zucchini Bread
Gluten Free Olive Oil Zucchini Bread is easy to make with just a few ingredients, listed here:
-1 small-medium zucchini
-Plain Greek yogurt
-Gluten free flour blend, such as this one
-Butter, or more olive oil, for greasing
Tools used to make Gluten Free Olive Oil Zucchini Bread
The tools used to make Gluten Free Olive Oil Zucchini Bread are fairly minimal which makes this the perfect treat to whip up when you want something with little effort. You will need a cheese grater (such as this box grater, which I use multiple times per week for a whole slew of recipes) to grate your zucchini, a few mixing bowls, a 9-inch cake pan, parchment paper, a rubber scraper (like this), and a knife to slice up the goodness for serving. Other than that, just make sure you have a working oven!
How to make Gluten Free Olive Oil Zucchini Bread
This recipe is very straightforward, with the exception of one step. Grating your zucchini finely is crucial to achieve the correct texture of the bread. I recommend using the fine tines on a box grater, although you could try to do this in a food processor as well. The important thing to note is that you should not squeeze excess liquid from the zucchini, as we want that liquid to help keep the bread moist. Everything else is fairly easy. Just preheat your oven, mix the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry in another bowl, combine, and bake! Delicious and done in about 45 minutes start to finish.
Looking for similar Gluten Free Recipes?
1 ½ cups finely grated zucchini (about one small zucchini)
¾ cup coconut sugar
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 ¼ tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups gluten-free flour blend (try to find a cup-for-cup blend)
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 inch cake pan with butter and line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper. Alternatively, you can use an 8 inch loaf pan, simply note the longer cooking time below.
- Grate zucchini on a box grater. Add to a large mixing bowl, along with the coconut sugar, olive oil, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet using a rubber scraper.
- Pour the batter in the cake pan and bake for approximately 25-28 minutes. If using a loaf pan, adjust cooking time to approximately 45-50 minutes. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool slightly, then run a knife along the edges and flip the cake out onto a serving plate. Slice into wedges and serve.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for your continued support of The Ardent Cook, it does not go unnoticed.