Baked Goat Cheese with Herbed Orange Olives is a recipe that is sure to impress, plus it looks way more fancy and complicated than it actually is. Tangy goat cheese gets baked in a bath of good-quality olive oil alongside salty olives and lots of fresh herbs and citrus zest. It’s delicious scooped onto crackers to slathered onto bread.
Ingredients needed to make Baked Goat Cheese with Herbed Orange Olives
This recipe requires just a few good-quality ingredients, most of which you likely have in your pantry and fridge already. Here’s the full list:
- Goat cheese
- Good-quality olive oil
- Mixed olives
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh thyme
- Dried oregano
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Orange zest
- Lemon zest
- Sea salt
Tools used to make Baked Goat Cheese with Herbed Orange Olives
The tools required to make this dish are next to none. You’ll need an oven-safe baking dish, measuring cups and spoons, a sharp chef’s knife, a cutting board, and a microplane or citrus zester. That’s it!
How to make Baked Goat Cheese with Herbed Orange Olives
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Before slicing your goat cheese, make sure it is very cold. It helps to stick the log into the freezer for 10-15 minutes before slicing it if you want precise rounds, however this step isn’t necessary if you don’t mind a more “broken” presentation (it still tastes delicious).
Slice the goat cheese into 7 or 8 even rounds and place them in the baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with the chopped fresh herbs, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, citrus zest, and a pinch of salt. Arrange the olives around the goat cheese, then cover the entire dish in the olive oil.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the oil begins to bubble just slightly around the edges and the entire dish is hot.
I love to serve this dish with crackers or fresh crusty bread for a delicious alternative to a cheese board!
Looking for other delicious appetizers?
Try these easy recipes from The Ardent Cook!
½ cup good quality olive oil
4oz log goat cheese, chilled, sliced into rounds
5-7oz mixed olives
1tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
1tsp dried oregano
¼-½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
½ tsp orange zest
½ tsp lemon zest
Pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice goat cheese into 7 or 8 rounds and add to the baking dish in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the fresh chopped herbs, dried oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, citrus zest, and a pinch of sea salt over top of the goat cheese rounds. Arrange the olives evenly around the goat cheese.
- Cover the entire dish with the olive oil. It’s okay if the oil doesn’t cover the olives entirely.
- Bake the dish for 10-15 minutes until small bubbles begin to appear on the sides of the dish and the goat cheese is hot. Serve immediately alongside crackers or fresh bread. Enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love and use myself. Thank you for your continued support of The Ardent Cook, it does not go unnoticed.